9/27/2013

Patchwork Gift Bag & My Aurifil Experience

I only have a small finish to share this week. I had purchased a mini charm pack of Happy Go Lucky/Moda quite awhile back. I laid the squares out several times and ended up putting them back. I was waiting for just the right thing to use them on. There are several of these cute little bags floating around the internet. The tutorial that caught my eye the most was this one from A Quilting Life. This is such a great use for these cute little squares. They will make awesome gift bags!
I messed up on how I did the handles, a real DUH moment, so I will have to redo that. I used the mini charms on both sides, totaling 32 charms. There's enough left to make a potholder or maybe I will save them to my 2.5" stash pile. I had purchased my first small spool of Aurifil 40 wt awhile back for a baby quilt that I haven't finished yet. I decided to try it out on this bag. Not sure if it's just me, my machine or what the problem is. This thread did not work well for me. I adjusted and adjusted my tension for an hour and it still would not cooperate. My automatic thread cutter wouldn't cut it either. Any suggestions here?? Finally I took out my other spool of blue 50 wt given to me from a friend. It worked like a charm, no tension issues, just smooth sailing. This was my first time using Aurifil for quilting anything and I will definitely only use the 50 wt from now on! Not that it's bad thread, it just doesn't work well in my machine. Have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! Comments are encouraged and appreciated!