4/09/2015

Daysail Finish


I'm so happy to be back with a finish! I love this fabric and this quilt but had a heck of a time getting decent pictures. Now that I feel like I'm able to be back to sewing, a camera is back on my list of must haves.
The fabric is Daysail by Bonnie and Camille for Moda. The aqua in this line is so perfect! I purchased my fabric from Lori at Stitches N Giggles. The pattern is by Live.Love.Sew. I really like the way she writes her patterns. Very easy to follow. For the solid I used Moda Bella white 98.


The pattern uses a 4 x 5 layout but I chose to do 3 x 4, allowing me to only use 12 fat quarters and still have a decent size lap quilt.



I used a 1.5 yard cut of one of the prints for the back along with the white. This has kind of become my go to layout for backings. I absolutely love pieced backs but hate doing them. This allows one of the prints to be incorporated without spending a fortune. And it's fast and easy!


I quilted straight lines in a 2 inch grid over the entire quilt.


The binding is one of the navy prints from the same line as well.


It finished at 52 x 69



Now it's time to catch up on my BOM and some small things that have been waiting. Thanks for stopping by :)
Linking up to Needle and Thread Thursday at My Quilt Infatuation, Finish It Up Friday at Crazy Mom Quilts, Fabric Frenzy Friday at Fort Worth Fabric Studio and Thank Goodness It's Finished Friday

23 comments:

  1. Beautiful! That is a great size for a cuddle quilt. I really like the way you chose to piece the backing, and you lined it up really evenly. Very nicely done. Welcome back, so glad you feel like sewing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your quilt is beautiful and I love this pattern (I pinned it so I can remember) ... Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is very beautiful! I want to keep looking at it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad you felt like sewing Chris! And WOW what a terrific quilt you created! I love that Day Sail fabric line too and this design is so perfect. It turned out wonderful! Pinning it, so I can think about making a quilt like this too someday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful work - this will be a quilt to treasure!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the rolled quilt in the grass photo!! Gorgeous finish, and I agree--you did a fabulous job lining up the backing. I always struggle with getting that straight.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is such a pretty quilt. I love the Daysail fabric that you used. It's a great combination.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cute cute cute cute CUTE!!!! This is great! I love it! What a happy bright quilt!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cute cute cute cute CUTE!!!! This is great! I love it! What a happy bright quilt!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awesome! Both your quilt and that you are quilting. I really like how you pieced the back. Need to remember it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love what you have been getting back too! This quilt is beautiful!!! wtg

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh, it's so fresh looking! Beautiful finish, congrats! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Very pretty. It's nice to see you getting back into the swing of sewing again.

    ReplyDelete
  14. A truly gorgeous finish, Christine! Such a lovely pattern that you chose for these rich fabrics. And I love the quilting. Congratulations on a beautiful finish!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Christine what a beautiful finish!!!!! ❤️❤️❤️

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Christine! I saw this when you first posted it, but it takes me awhile to get back to the computer (instead of my phone) in order to comment more easily... but - this is gorgeous! I love it so much - lovely work!

    ReplyDelete
  17. This looks great ! I am going to have to switch to Gmail too I think. I don't get any emails any more. 😭😭😭😭

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should Staci. I've had no blog problems since I did. I didn't get notification of your comment again!!

      Delete
  18. This looks great ! I am going to have to switch to Gmail too I think. I don't get any emails any more. 😭😭😭😭

    ReplyDelete
  19. This quilt screams WOW! I love this pattern. Awesome finish.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! Comments are encouraged and appreciated!