This pattern uses 10 fat quarters so it was perfect for an Art Gallery collection. It was fast to cut and simple to put together. I used a lot of white scraps in this one. Sadly, when I took it outside, I noticed some pieces at the bottom must have been Bella white 97 instead of 98, ugh. I didn't even notice when sewing that they were different.
For the backing I used a print from SAS fabrics in Phoenix. Right when I saw it, I knew it would match Nouvelle perfectly and it did! At 3.00 a yard, I'm glad I took the chance. I was pleasantly surprised to open the fabric up and see that it was 58" wide, score! No piecing the back :)
The binding is a print from Nouvelle as well.
I tried something new with the quilting. I used the scallop stitch on my machine. I do love the texture it created. However, I don't think I will be using it again. There's a few places on the back where the tension just wasn't consistent, bummer.
It finished at 50 x 65. I've never been able to get an accurate 1/4" seam, no matter what I adjusted. I got a new foot and wow, what a difference! It sews right on the money so maybe I will quit losing inches on my quilts now.
This was the only place I could find to hang it and get a picture of the whole thing (mostly all of it), so excuse my husband's mess in the background. His dog tore down all the blinds in his garage, so he shoved cardboard up for the moment, ack!
Along with the tension issues and the whites being off, I mis centered my label and some of it is under the binding. Never done that one before, grr. I also stuck myself and didn't realize I was bleeding...on the white of course! So this one will get washed and rolled up to put in my basket for the grand kids to use :) Thanks for stopping by!
Linking up to Fabric Frenzy Friday at Fort Worth Fabric Studio Let's Bee Social at Sew Fresh Quilts, Needle And Thread Thursday at My Quilt Infatuation, Finish It Up Friday at Crazy Mom Quilts, and WHOOMP There It Is at A Quilted Passion