1/03/2014

Catching Up

Hi everyone! I hope you all had great holidays! I've been seeing all the great re caps from all the blogs for 2013 with everyone's goals, etc. After too many days of contemplating what I should post, I decided on the truth. Craft blogs are our getaways, our happy places and I want to keep mine that way as well. With that said, I do have to share I have a health issue that's become a big struggle for me. I have not been sewing as much (not by choice), my Nordika quilt still sits unfinished and I have no definite goals or plans. I have decided that I am going to stick with smaller projects for now. Getting anything too big done is tough for me right now and adds to my frustration.
My Nordika quilt did get layered after several days of trying to get the back pieced. Each time I thought it was big enough, it just was not. So I ended up adding in every scrap I had and I literally don't have an inch to spare on the sides. I got a small portion quilted.

I set this aside for now and started a new baby quilt with Backyard Baby fabrics from Michael Miller. These prints are so soft and fun looking, it will make a cute boy quilt.

I got some fun things in the mail today. First is a big roll of cotton batting from my husband for Christmas. JoAnn had this one day deal for 79.99, such a great deal! Only a quilter would know how exciting a giant roll of batting is as a gift :)

JCPenney sent me an early birthday coupon for 15.00 and another with free shipping so I got a diamond ruler I've been wanting for 1.04 shipped!

The UPS man also brought me this bundle from Benartex I won in the holiday blog hop!
 It is Palazz (Kanvas) by Greta Lynn and it is gorgeous! This bundle has a gray/stone tone and I already have a quilt in mind for it :)
Did you get any quilty goodness for Christmas this year?
Happy New Year everyone, may it be filled with health, happiness and lots of sewing!

7 comments:

  1. Oh, the joy of a full roll of batting! I have purchased this same stuff. It shrinks a fair amount but drapes beautifully. Wishing you all the best with your health issues and hope you are tackling those bigger projects again soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Katy! I am pretty sure I used this batting for the tumbler quilts I made last year for my grand kids and I loved it! Thanks so much for your well wishes, it is truly and greatly appreciated :)

      Delete
  2. Christine, I know how frustrating it is to not feel well enough to do what you want to do. I hope you are able to get back to your Nordika quilt soon. (I love how you are quilting it.) Sometimes it is best to put things aside for later. I am glad you are able to do some smaller projects. Those boy fabrics are adorable. Best Wishes, <3 Jasmine

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your quilted lines - I want to see more :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy New Year Christine!
    So sorry you are not feeling well and hope you get well soon! It looks like you received some great Christmas gifts. I love the batting roll. I just bought a bunch of different sized batting packs and should have just got a giant roll instead. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Staci!
      Thanks so much for the well wishes :)
      Yes, this is my first big roll and it is so great, you would love it!
      Glad you stopped by, Happy New Year!

      Delete
  5. Sending healthy wishes so you can get back to that beauuuutiful quilt.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! Comments are encouraged and appreciated!