12/29/2017

Last 2017 Finish

I have one last finish to share before 2018 rolls in! The pictures aren't fabulous but it's way too cold outside here for me. Who else is frozen in right now?! Brrrrr....


Several years ago I won a Technicolor by Emily Herrick Designs for Michael Miller along with a Kona solids charm pack. It's been hanging in the closet, I wasn't sure what to do with it. When I saw the Jelly Roll Twist short cut pattern from The Fat Quarter Shop, I decided to finally put this to use! It's a quick quilt to sew together. My jelly roll only had 20 some strips so I made a smaller version.



For the back I used a frog print I found in some fabrics that belonged to my grandma. The binding is a navy hexagon from Marshall Dry Goods that appears black here but it's a dark navy.


I used the last of my white 100% cotton Pellon batting. I have two other giant rolls of Soft & Toasty cotton batting to use, then I'm switching to all Hobbs 80/20. I don't mind the rolls I have, but I really love the Hobbs better. I quilted this with a serpentine stitch about 2 inches apart with Aurifil 2105. It's bound with Aurifil 2745.


It finished at 43x51. This is a donation quilt for The Ronald McDonald House in Lubbock, TX.
See y'all next year, have a safe and Happy New Year!

Linking to Finish It Up Friday  Let's Be Social


6 comments:

  1. What a beauty, Christine! I really enjoyed looking at the photos and found my eyes wandering all over taking in the great fabrics and colors! I need to look up this pattern as I've got some odd jelly roll strips and pieces of solids to make one too! The navy binding is perfect! Some little person will treasure this. Happy New Year to you too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your quilt is sew pretty. You are sew sweet to donate and give someone some love.
    Happy New Year sweet friend.
    Hugs
    donna

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a bright and fun final finish for 2017, Christine! I am sure that the quilt is going to bring cheer to someone who really needs it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats! on finishing one last quilt for 2017. It's a fun one!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Chris, that quilt is so cheerful! It's sure to brighten someone's day every time they look at it. The frog fabric backing cracks me up. It's really great of you to donate it to Ronald McDonald House.
    We've gotten about a foot of really fluffy snow today - very pretty out there if you don't have to drive in it.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! Comments are encouraged and appreciated!