1/14/2019

First 2019 Finish, Raspberry Gingham Quilt

I've had a buffalo plaid on my to do list forever. I love them in all colors! Mine is Valentine colored.
It was hard getting the colors to photograph well but it's a pretty raspberry and pink. The squares were cut at 5 inches.


The white and raspberry are Moda Bella solids. The pink scallops are Basic Grey prints from Moda as well. I followed the tutorial from Southern Fabric  It was just the size I was wanting, no pieced backings!


The backing is a reproduction vintage seed catalog print by Lakehouse. It is my favorite text print ever.



I did simple straight line quilting on both sides of the seams using Gutermann white thread. The binding is a Pam Kitty Morning floral.


I love simple squares and I'm happy with how this turned out! It finished at 40.5 x 49.5 inches.
My first finish for 2019 :)


13 comments:

  1. The fabrics you picked make it look just like a woven Buffalo plaid - great job Chris! Love the backing fabric you chose too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely fantastic job you have done here. And Thank you for sharing with us

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the colors you chose. It's absolutely adorable. Thanks for sharing. I found some excellent fabrics from Fabrics World USA in NYC near me which was a nice weight, not too beefy.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! Comments are encouraged and appreciated!